Greetings!

Hi, i'm Julie and I'm a visual artist. I work with a lot of different materials, including clay, paint, wood, and fabric. My studio is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and this blog is where I share studio goings on, new work, and occasional whatnot.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

taking cues from the cat

today's painting: nylo


getting back into the swing of things after the holidays at a slower speed than i thought:)

it's been all administrative whatnot around here and not too interesting in terms of sharing on the blog.

4th Q taxes filed...check
studio tidied...check
house put back in order...check

oh, and it's been freaking COLD here which always makes me move slower than molasses.

it's my feeling that january is a good month to recover from the awesomely crazy holiday season which has been my busiest time of year of late; to make production and exhibition plans for the upcoming months; to source and gather materials for new ideas; and to enjoy a little slower pace of things-i'm going to take my cues from the cats and trees.

all that said, i have been working on some commissions the last week or so and have finished 3 so far. have a couple more in the works and i'll be posting them here as i get them done.


No comments:

Post a Comment