Greetings!

Hi, i'm Julie and I'm a visual artist. I work with a lot of different materials, including clay, paint, wood, and fabric. My studio is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and this blog is where I share studio goings on, new work, and occasional whatnot.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

hinkebein: that's german for.....

today's painting:

some people don't seem to like squirrels, but i love them and have many of them living in my yard due to the over-producing hickory nut tree.

i was told this little squirrel was named hinkebein (something to do with having a gimpy leg/arm) because of his little malformed arm, and that his caretaker called him this as a term of endearment. you can't really tell from this picture but you can take my word for it. if you want.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment