Greetings!

Hi, i'm Julie and I'm a visual artist. I work with a lot of different materials, including clay, paint, wood, and fabric. My studio is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and this blog is where I share studio goings on, new work, and occasional whatnot.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

wiener dog

today's painting:

i think i'll start a series soon. i've been looking at some interesting books i got while i was away. there is the best used bookstore in st. petersburg called haslam's and it's been there since the 1930's. they have the most amazing old art books - the kind with the color plates. last time i was there, i got one on the fauves (one of my favorite art movements). this trip i got one on tantric art and i am slightly obsessed with the patterning and colors in it. this may be my new jumping off point.....

No comments:

Post a Comment