Greetings!

Hi, i'm Julie and I'm a visual artist. I work with a lot of different materials, including clay, paint, wood, and fabric. My studio is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and this blog is where I share studio goings on, new work, and occasional whatnot.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

winter bird

today's painting:

see it? i know it's tiny but there is a bird, even if only a small cardinal.

here's the deal- i am waiting for my canvases to come in - i already went through my stash of 5x5s so...i ordered some and they haven't come in yet. i had this little oil painting started but never finished....so i finished the girl, changed the background to a tree and put a little cardinal on the limb to keep in line with my bird series. i am ok with it and kinda like how it's an unexpected slight (but not completely!) bump in the series. like when someone drops a trip to montana in your lap and you have to do a little dance with your schedule to make it work;) fun!

whatever. i was able to get some 5x5s that were not quite the same, they are not the same depth, but my slightly ocd self just couldn't do it when i saw them next to the other canvases. i love the pattern they make in a group, all sticking out from the wall the same amount, etc.

fingers crossed i get them in tomorrow. eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment