i kinda like the way this little guy is looking at me.
i love music and every once in a while i will go to the store to get paper towels and toothpaste and stuff like that and end up with 5 new cds. which is exactly what happened today. i got:
1. esperanza spalding - chamber music society ........this was a complete random purchase and i LOVE IT. it is fabulous, jazz, and she has an amazing voice. really different and totally cool vibe.
2. adele - 19.....what can i say? she is awesome and it's not news to anyone. i've been addicted to the concert in the royal albert hall so i got it.
3. the original jill scott from the vault vol. 1 .....i love jill scott and this was new to me. i can't wait to hear it. i KNOW it will be good. btw, if you are unfamiliar with her, go listen to her NOW. she is fantastic jazzy r&b. love her.
4. america - a horse with no name (and other hits)....one of my favorite songs when i was a kid was this song. it's kind of a greatest hits cd i guess. i couldn't resist it as it was only 4 bucks. i remember staying up really late one night and seeing america on tv - and we did not have cable. this was back when regular tv actually had some interesting live music programs with bands playing live music. LIVE! like an unplugged, but not unplugged. hmm. it was the 80's.
5. sade - the ultimate collection....i got this for my mister but i love her, too. velvet voice, cool vibe. what's not to like?
also, two days ago, i picked up a very she and him christmas at starbucks....i haven't listened to it yet, what with xmas being over, but i really like them and i know i will like it. even if i don't listen to it till next christmas. zooey deschanel is so quirky and adorable and i like the retro sound. it kind of makes me think of a david lynch film for some reason.