Greetings!

Hi, i'm Julie and I'm a visual artist. I work with a lot of different materials, including clay, paint, wood, and fabric. My studio is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and this blog is where I share studio goings on, new work, and occasional whatnot.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

chicken

today's painting:

this little chicken reminds me of when i lived downtown on center street, and jeff, the guy down the street from us kept chickens in huge pen in our back garden. my cats would lay up on the chicken wire on top and sun themselves and watch cat tv. they were well fed so the chickens were never in danger. we had bantams and one of those white chickens and a solid black one. at one point we had a duck. it was quite the feathered community. and oh, the fresh eggs! they were unfertilized, of course, so nobody had to die:)

No comments:

Post a Comment