Greetings!

Hi, i'm Julie and I'm a visual artist. I work with a lot of different materials, including clay, paint, wood, and fabric. My studio is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and this blog is where I share studio goings on, new work, and occasional whatnot.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

post: numero uno

i can't believe it's already march 9! my goal was to begin this blog with the new year....sigh. i suppose i am not really sure what to say as i am usually on the reading side of these and really enjoy that role, but alas, i really feel the urge to step into this blog world and see where it leads me. i am usually in a constant state of reorganizing my studio and just put up shelves on either end of it which i am in love with as it got a lot of the clutter handled. though i notice that no matter how clean i get my space, the available room gets filled immediately! no one else has this problem, right? the camera, computer and myself are in a new relationship but i'll see if i can manage to get some pictures up of my work space. i currently am working with terra cotta and underglazes on hand built wares. i threw for years during and after going to university and in the last few years, have really mostly hand built. i occasionally return to the wheel, but for now i love working without it. i feel very lucky to have a new (2 yrs) beautiful skutt electric kiln that i use along with my ancient old tiny cress kiln that live in the garage. also my studio that is in the back of my house which enables me to work at home. i am a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment