Greetings!

Hi, i'm Julie and I'm a visual artist. I work with a lot of different materials, including clay, paint, wood, and fabric. My studio is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and this blog is where I share studio goings on, new work, and occasional whatnot.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

japan

the crisis in japan is mind blowing; so scary and so sad. my heart goes out to everyone there. sometimes the only thing we can do is contribute from a distance to the relief of suffering. however small that may seem, i know collectively it will add up to a lot. interaction has a list of sites that are accepting donations for earthquake relief in japan. the red cross is one of them, but there are many. if you feel so moved, i know that every little bit helps.

most of the comments i've read from the public in response to various stories in the news have been so encouraging and supportive. it is a good reminder that what happens to one happens to all. it gives me a renewed confidence in our humanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment